2018年1月20日 星期六

傳道書8:5-10



8:5 凡遵守命令的,必不經歷禍患;智慧人的心能辨明時候和定理(原文是審判;下節同)。
8:6
各樣事務成就都有時候和定理,因為人的苦難重壓在他身上。
8:7
他不知道將來的事,因為將來如何,誰能告訴他呢?
8:8
無人有權力掌管生命,將生命留住;也無人有權力掌管死期;這場爭戰,無人能免;邪惡也不能救那好行邪惡的人。
8:9
這一切我都見過,也專心查考日光之下所做的一切事。有時這人管轄那人,令人受害。
8:10 我見惡人埋葬,歸入墳墓;又見行正直事的離開聖地,在城中被人忘記。這也是虛空。

6 For there is a proper time and procedure for every matter,
    though a person may be weighed down by misery.
7 Since no one knows the future,
    who can tell someone else what is to come?
8 As no one has power over the wind to contain it,

    so[a] no one has power over the time of their death.
As no one is discharged in time of war,
    so wickedness will not release those who practice it.
9 All this I saw, as I applied my mind to everything done under the sun. There is a time when a man lords it over others to his own[b] hurt. 10 Then too, I saw the wicked buried—those who used to come and go from the holy place and receive praise[c] in the city where they did this. This too is meaningless.

****************

    傳道者在這裡說到王雖然有權勢和能力,但是並無法與上帝所訂定的時候和定理來抵抗,因為上帝才是真正的權柄和能力所在!正如傳道者所說:「他不知道將來的事,因為將來如何,誰能告訴他呢?無人有權力掌管生命,將生命留住;也無人有權力掌管死期;這場爭戰,無人能免;邪惡也不能救那好行邪惡的人。」

    也因為如此,人要承認自己的極限,即使是人間的君王再有權柄與能力,也無法和上帝相爭,更是要服在上帝的權柄和大能之下,無法勝過上帝所界定的事情,如生命和四季的變化,以及天災和人禍。所以,君王在上帝面前要謙卑!

    有權勢的君王都如此了,更何況我們是一介草民!我們更不可以群眾和政治的力量來抗拒上帝,因為人再多或再厲害,都是無法超越上帝的!


沒有留言: